Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Sam Choy.
Make and share this Hawaiian Pulehu Tri-Tip Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs tri-tip steak
- 1⁄2 cup sea salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cracked peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Light your charcoal.
- Rub salt, garlic , pepper, and sugar into the meat and let sit 30 minutes.
- Pulehu in Hawaiian means "to broil on hot embers" and that's what you do, turning the meat every 4 minutes.
- Total cooking time is about 10-15 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the cut.