Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Aloha! These sound yummy!
Make and share this Hawaiian Pork Steaks for the Crock Pot! recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pork shoulder steaks, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups cooked rice, hot
- Trim fat from steaks. In a large skillet, brown steaks on both sides in hot oil. Drain off fat. Transfer steaks to slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine undrained pineapple, green pepper, brown sugar, tapioca, ketchup, soy sauce and dry mustard. Pour over steaks.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3 1/2-4 hours. Serve meat and sauce over hot rice.
I tried this recipe out on the family and they loved it. I did tweek the recipe with a few extra ingredients. Definately one to try!!!!
I'd give this recipe a 3 1/2. Somewhere between 'Like it, & Love it." My son who is not too fond of pork even liked it. It was somewhat sweet but not overly so & the pineapple was wonderful w/ the pork. Did instant rice w/chicken broth. Thanks!