Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
I lil bit of a twist from a regular hawaiian pork roast in that it uses bananas instead of pineapple.
- Place the roast on a 22-in. x 18-in. piece of heavy-duty foil; sprinkle with liquid smoke and soy sauce.
- Wash bananas and place at the base of each side of roast.
- Pull sides of foil up round meat; add water. Seal foil tightly; wrap again with another large piece of foil.
- Place in a shallow baking pan; refrigerate overnight, turning several times.
- Place foil-wrapped meat in a roasting pan. Bake at 400° for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 325°; continue baking for 3-1/2 hours.
- Drain; discard bananas and liquid.
- Shred meat with a fork.
- Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce, if you desire.
We tried this recipe last weekend using an 8lb roast and it was DElicious!!! My husband is the chef and he would like to try this with turkey. Thank you.
I have used this recipe for years. It came from the Tase of Home magazine and we absolutely LOVE LOVE it. I do not discard the bananas, I just mush them up and add them to the pork. Adds great flavor and texture. Everyone sould try it at least once.