Recipe by Sassy in da South
I lil bit of a twist from a regular hawaiian pork roast in that it uses bananas instead of pineapple.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder, trimmed (3 to 4 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 bananas, ripe & unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the roast on a 22-in. x 18-in. piece of heavy-duty foil; sprinkle with liquid smoke and soy sauce.
- Wash bananas and place at the base of each side of roast.
- Pull sides of foil up round meat; add water. Seal foil tightly; wrap again with another large piece of foil.
- Place in a shallow baking pan; refrigerate overnight, turning several times.
- Place foil-wrapped meat in a roasting pan. Bake at 400° for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 325°; continue baking for 3-1/2 hours.
- Drain; discard bananas and liquid.
- Shred meat with a fork.
- Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce, if you desire.