4 hrs 40 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
Sassy in da South's Note:
I lil bit of a twist from a regular hawaiian pork roast in that it uses bananas instead of pineapple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the roast on a 22-in. x 18-in. piece of heavy-duty foil; sprinkle with liquid smoke and soy sauce.
- 2Wash bananas and place at the base of each side of roast.
- 3Pull sides of foil up round meat; add water. Seal foil tightly; wrap again with another large piece of foil.
- 4Place in a shallow baking pan; refrigerate overnight, turning several times.
- 5Place foil-wrapped meat in a roasting pan. Bake at 400° for 1 hour.
- 6Reduce heat to 325°; continue baking for 3-1/2 hours.
- 7Drain; discard bananas and liquid.
- 8Shred meat with a fork.
- 9Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce, if you desire.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 168.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless pork shoulder