Recipe by Jen T
A different way to cook pork chops using a roasting bag without holes to cook it in. This makes tender pork chops.
Top Review by Auntie Jan
I knew this was going to be a winner. You can't go wrong with pork and pineapple. I have never added soy before so that took it one step further. Thanks for such a tasty dinner. I will definately make it again.
- 4 pork chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 onion (chopped or sliced)
- 3⁄4 cup crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chops on both sides with celery salt and pepper.
- Place the chopped onion in roasting/oven bag and lay this flat in a shallow baking dish.
- Place chops in a single layer on top of the onions.
- Mix soy sauce into the pineapple and spoon onto chops so that the juice runs under the chops, and the crushed pineapple remains on top.
- Close bag loosely with the tie provided leaving a finger sized hole for steam to escape.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrneheit (180 degrees Celsius, for 45 minutes.
- Slit bag and turn back so that chops are exposed.
- Raise heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius)and continue baking uncovered for approximately 15 minutes or until the fat at the edge of chops is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve.