Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 2 mins
This is good served over rice or noodles.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork steak, cut into 1-inch cubes, fat trimmed
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 stalks celery, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, including juice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add in pork and brown on all sides (about 10 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add remaining oil to skillet (if needed); add in vegetables; saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and water until blended.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, and pineapple chunks w/ juice to the skillet; add in cornstarch mixture and stir for about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over meat and vegetables in the casserole dish; mix well.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven for about 45 minutes or until bubbly; adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or noodles.
Very easy to make! Everyone loved it! The only change I made was to double the sauce then serve over rice.