Recipe by Lainey6605
Iced black tea with accented with pineapple juice shows off its Hawaiian roots and makes a refreshing party drink.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
I found this to be both refreshing and tasty. I am a big fan on unsweetened iced tea, so I did not add the simple syrup. The pineapple juice did not really sweeten the tea, but just gave it a subtle pineapple flavor, which I enjoyed. It sure beats drinking plain old tea! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7.
- 1 quart boiling water (make sure it is only barely boiling)
- 4 orange pekoe tea bags
- 1 quart ice cold water
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup simple syrup (optional)
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into spears
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the barely boiling hot water into a large pitcher, and add the tea bags. Steep the tea 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, and pour in the ice water.
- Pour in the pineapple juice.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Pour the tea over ice, garnish with pineapple spears, and serve.