Recipe by Kendra*
I combined parts of several different recipes to come up with this one, and am very happy with the result. As with all pizzas, any number of ingredients can be placed on top of the sauce, depending on your personal preferences. But I really do think the sauce is the key to this recipe. The sauce for this pizza is based on the sauce from The California Pizza Kitchen for their Thai Chicken Pizza.
Top Review by evewitch
I enjoyed the fresh pineapple, but it made too much liquid (or it, combined with the raw vegetables, did). I also liked the sauce, but not for this. It was overwhelming and drowned out the flavor of the toppings. I actually couldn't taste the ham at all. Also, the quantity of toppings was entirely too much for a Boboli-style crust. (I used a 12-inch Target brand whole wheat crust.) It might have worked on a larger, homemade crust. Nevertheless, I would not make this again because some family members did not like the sauce at all.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (I use smooth, low-fat Jif)
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 pizza crust (I use Boboli Thin Crust)
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil, Extra-Virgin
- 4 ounces ham, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, very thinly sliced (I use yellow or orange)
- 1⁄4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (I use a mixture of Mozzarella and Provolone cheeses)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat over low heat until the mixture comes to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Set sauce aside to cool slightly.
- Place pizza crust on a pizza pan and brush with olive oil.
- Spread sauce on crust. You may not need all of the sauce, based on your personal preference. I usually have about 2 - 3 tablespoons leftover.
- Lay ham slices over sauce, then top with pineapple, bell bepper, onion, and cheese.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and beginning to turn a golden brown.