I combined parts of several different recipes to come up with this one, and am very happy with the result. As with all pizzas, any number of ingredients can be placed on top of the sauce, depending on your personal preferences. But I really do think the sauce is the key to this recipe. The sauce for this pizza is based on the sauce from The California Pizza Kitchen for their Thai Chicken Pizza.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I use smooth, low-fat Jif)
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 pizza crust (I use Boboli Thin Crust)
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil, Extra-Virgin
- 4 ounces ham, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, very thinly sliced (I use yellow or orange)
- 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (I use a mixture of Mozzarella and Provolone cheeses)
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2Combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan.
- 3Heat over low heat until the mixture comes to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- 4Set sauce aside to cool slightly.
- 5Place pizza crust on a pizza pan and brush with olive oil.
- 6Spread sauce on crust. You may not need all of the sauce, based on your personal preference. I usually have about 2 - 3 tablespoons leftover.
- 7Lay ham slices over sauce, then top with pineapple, bell bepper, onion, and cheese.
- 8Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and beginning to turn a golden brown.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.9
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 1198.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: