Recipe by susan m.
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. The Simply Potatoes Hashbrowns make a wonderful crunchy, crust on these luscious slices of Spam. The potatoes lock in the juicy spice of the spam. Really, really easy and delicious.
- 12 ounces Spam
- 4 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 sliced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice spam into 8 slices.Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add oil.
- Using your hands "press" an ample amount (1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons) of Simply Potatoes Hashbrowns on each side of each slice of spam.
- Gently place into heated skillet and brown for 3 - 4 minutes per side. Dont move until browned, or the crust could come off.
- Sprinkle both sides with cajun seasoning and serve with tomato slices.