Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a delicious cake that's a little fancier that the typical poke cakes.
Top Review by cheledunn
I am making this recipe for the second time in two weeks. It is so delicious and easy to make...I'm not a big fan of baking. I have found that for busy weekends where you're going to two functions, make it in two 8" pans, then you only have to cook once! I did make a few changes though...I don't think it needs the whipped topping and garnishes; it's delectible on its own. Also, I use pineapple in its own juice and just add some brown sugar. It keeps it lightly sweet and moist. Thank you soooo much for this recipe!!!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups non-dairy whipped topping
- grated coconut (to garnish)
- chopped nuts (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake according to package directions using oil, eggs and water.
- Bake in greased and floured 9X13 pan.
- When cool, punch holes in cake with handle of wooden spoon.
- Pour pineapple over top of cake.
- Combine cream cheese, pudding and milk; beat until smooth and thick enough to spread.
- Spread over top of cake.
- Top with whipped topping, coconut and nuts.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.