Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A non-alcoholic drink that will refresh you on a hot summer day. Posted for ZWT7.
Make and share this Hawaiian Pineapple Iced Tea recipe from Food.com.
- Place tea bags and bring to boil.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water.
- Add fresh mint leaves.
- After 10 minutes remove tea bags and mint leaves.
- Add sugar or sweetener.
- If you use fresh pineapple: Blend with the food processor the pineapple together with the iced water. If you prefer a clear drink, filter this juice. Add to the tea.
- If you use pineapple juice: Simply add pineapple juice and water to the tea.
- Add lemon juice, stir well and refrigerate.
- Serve it cold.
Delicious and refreshing. I had to burrow through some weeds to find my apple mint - worth the time. It worked really nicely with the other flavors. I did reduce the sugar.
Very nice tea for a warm day. I cut the sugar in half, but otherwise made as written. The mint adds a refreshing herbal note, while the juices really make you feel like you're in the tropics. This will be a staple during the warm days of the summer! Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers
I dearly love iced tea in the summer and while we have had more flooding than summer this year I couldn't resist giving this a try. What a marvelous combo of flavors! I used my fav tea Earl Gray and followed the directions from there with pineapple juice from a carton. This is refreshing and just the thing for the days I'm hoping will come soon when it's hot and sunny. Made for ZWT7, Witchin Kitchen.