Recipe by Sassy in da South
I had this dessert at a dinner recently. I havent actually made it myself, but here's the recipe from the hostess.
Top Review by Bren in LR
I needed a light dessert in a hurry, and my family loves all the ingredients in this one, so I put this together as a puuding in a bowl...no crust. I stirred together the pudding and jello in the pineapple juice and water, then added the pineapple tidbits after it cooled. Allowed it to chill for an hour or so then stirred in the Cool Whip. When I served it in a small serving bowl, I stuck a couple of vanilla wafers on the sides. Everyone loved it. Great flavor. Next time I will make it for a pot luck and take more time and do it as directed. Thanks for a great summer dessert.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (4 ounce) carton non-dairy whipped topping
- 2 cups vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserve juice.
- Add water to juice to make 2 cups liquid.
- Combine pudding mix, gelatin and measured liquid in medium saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture comes to full boil.
- Pour into a bowl; chill until thickened.
- Fold thawed topping into pudding mixture.
- Meanwhile, combine cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in 375 degrees oven 8 minutes; cool.
- Pour pudding mixture into cooled crust.
- Top with pineapple.
- Chill about 2 hours until firm.