Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a variation of a tried and true banana bread recipe that is always a hit whenever I make it. I make them as mini-loaves for gifts at Christmas time and they are always appreciated.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 and butter and flour two loaf pans.
- Combine all dry ingredients in mixer bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 70 - 80 minutes. Start checking around 60 minutes to see if done.
- Cool on rack for about 15 minutes before removing from pan to finish cooling.
We really enjoyed this! A nice change from the usual banana bread. Thanks very much for sharing.
I made mini loaves and am taking them to church tomorrow for the picnic. I just had to try one before tho and this was wonderful.
This is a yummy bread that we enjoyed alot. My guests licked their fingers clean, lol. Really a keeper!