Recipe by Lightly Toasted
On vacation in Kauai, several of the restaurants served "Hawaiian Pie". We loved it and had some almost everyday. This is the closest to it that I could find.
- 1 (15 ounce) packagepillsbury pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained, reserving liquid)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pie crust according to pkg directions.
- (Save remaining crust for later use).
- Sprinkle w/ 1/2 cup nuts.
- In medium bowl, combine FILLING ingredients, combine well, and pour into prepared crust.
- Combine dry ingredients for TOPPING.
- Mix together.
- With pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in nuts, and sprinkle over pineapple filling.
- Press down lightly.
- Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly around the edges.
- Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, adding enough reserved pineapple juice for desired drizzling consistancy.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm pie.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.