Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
On vacation in Kauai, several of the restaurants served "Hawaiian Pie". We loved it and had some almost everyday. This is the closest to it that I could find.
- 1 (15 ounce) packagepillsbury pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained, reserving liquid)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
- Prepare pie crust according to pkg directions.
- (Save remaining crust for later use).
- Sprinkle w/ 1/2 cup nuts.
- In medium bowl, combine FILLING ingredients, combine well, and pour into prepared crust.
- Combine dry ingredients for TOPPING.
- Mix together.
- With pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in nuts, and sprinkle over pineapple filling.
- Press down lightly.
- Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly around the edges.
- Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, adding enough reserved pineapple juice for desired drizzling consistancy.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm pie.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
very nice pie, sweet and crunchy. i used both almonds and macadamias.this was easy to assemble and a nice change from the ordinary.