Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a quick garnish to serve over chicken, fish, etc.
- 1 cup packed cilantro, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nut oil or 1⁄2 cup other oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil in food processor.
- With processor running, gradually add oil.
I made this to go on the macadamia crusted fish by ChrisMc. It was easy to make and had very interesting flavors. (would never have thought about putting parmesan and ginger in the same dish!) Although I think that much fresh ginger overpowered everything else. We do like fresh ginger, but I think I'd cut back on it next time, to allow the other flavors to shine through.
Oh. YUM! for the other oil, I used grapeseed oil.. Forgot the parmesan once and it was still wonderful. Used it over chicken thighs along with the RecipeZaar Pineapple Rice dish..see my comment there.