Nana Lee's Note:
Source: Fleischmann's Yeast Best-Ever Bread Competition First Place - Janis Orton The prep time does not include time for dough to rise as this varies from kitchen to kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package fleischmann's dry yeast
- 1 cup scalded milk, cooled to lukewarm
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 2/3 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1PLEASE READ ALL DIRECTIONS BEFORE MAKING!
- 3Soften yeast in warm water.
- 4Combine scalded milk, sugar, shortening and salt.
- 5Gradually add some of the flour, yeast and egg and beat well.
- 6Blend remaining flour to make soft dough.
- 7Place in greased bowl.
- 8Let rise until it doubles in mass.
- 9Turn dough out on floured surface and roll into an 11-1/2-by-14-inch rectangle shape. Spread butter thinly over dough and sprinkle with filling.
- 11Mix sugar, coconut(reserve 1 Tbs for garnish on icing), macadamia nuts(reserve 1 Tbs for garnish on icing), orange zest, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 12Tightly roll dough, tucking ends under.
- 13Use serrated knife or dental floss to slice into 12 rolls and press into greased 11-1/2-by-14-inch pan.
- 14Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 15Cool to lukewarm and ice.
- 17Blend until smooth.
- 18Before icing dries, sprinkle additional macadamia nuts and grated coconut on tops of rolls.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Paradise Sweet Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.6
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 263.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of