Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 medium-size papayas
- 6 firm bananas
- 709.77 ml brown sugar
- 453.59 g raisins, seeded
- 473.18 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 whole cloves
- 59.16 ml salt
- 2484.19 ml pineapple, crushed
- 4.92 ml allspice, ground
- 6 clove garlic, mashed
- 236.59 ml almonds or 236.59 ml macadamia nuts, blanched
- 59.16 ml dried red chilies, ground
- Pare the papayas and cut into pieces.
- Simmer sugar and vinegar together for about 20 minutes to form a syrup.
- Add the salt and all other ingredients.
- Simmer in a heavy kettle, stirring constantly, for about 1 hour, or till papaya is soft and the mixture is as thick as jam.
- Seal in hot sterilized jars.
- Let stand for some days before using.