Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A pineapple twist on plain ole Oatmeal! Kind of cake-like.
Make and share this Hawaiian Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine the eggs and sugar, beating until light.
- Sift flour, salt and soda; add to egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add the rest of ingredients and mix well. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan immediately.
Dessert for breakfast! A moist coconut cake with a baked oatmeal texture inside! Absolutely delicious and very filling; this could serve 6-8 people. After 50 minutes the outside was quite brown so I removed it from the oven but the center was still soft. I tried to follow the instructions of removing from the pan immediately but this was not like a bread or a cake...mine turned out like soft oatmeal with crusty outsides, to be served in a bowl. I look forward to enjoying this yummy treat all week.