Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is from a book called "Take This Dish and Twist it" by George Duran. The collection of recipes here is really fascinating. Can't wait to try them!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 5 cups large tortilla chips
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced fresh pineapple, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a nonstick skillet heat 1 T oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ham; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 T oil in the skillet.
- Add the onion and pepper;
- cook for 2-3 minutes or until just softened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the ham.
- In a bowl mix together the cheeses.
- Place half the tortilla chips in the bottom of a 9x9x2-inch baking pan or 1 and 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese, half the ham mixture, half the tomatoes, and half the pineapple.
- Repeat layers, starting with the remaining tortilla chips.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve at once.