Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Riding the Pineapple Express straight into your kitchen.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken
- 1⁄2 cup mochiko sweet rice flour (glutinous rice flour, available in Asian markets)
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Bone the chicken if not already done and cut into plump finger-size nuggets and set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add the chicken. Marinate overnight.
- Deep-fry at 350 degrees, keeping the pieces from sticking together. Drain the nuggets of excess oil.
- Serve mochi chicken as a main dish with fried rice, potato salad, or macaroni salad, as you would any other fried chicken. It is also great as an appetizer because it is a perfect finger food.
- Suggested dipping sauces: pineapple or mustard sauce, hot mustard, or sweet and sour sauce.
When making this I did cut the amount of chicken in half (2 large, 8-ounce chicken breasts) but kept the rest of the ingredients the same, just wanting to be sure I had enough to coat all the meat! Worked out great, & we had a very tasty chicken along with a brown-rice-&-peas combo! I look forward to making this another time as finger food with a sweet/sour dip! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]