Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious alternative to ordinary meatloaf from a Hawaiian lady called Milalani.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 large vidalia onions or 1 large maui onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 5 ounces favorite barbecue sauce (1/2 bottle)
- 1 1⁄3 cups rolled oats
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350. Chop onion and garlic to desired size and mix with all ingredients except oats and bbq sauce with your hands. It is helpful if you let the meat rest from the refrigerator before you start.
- Add 1/2 sauce and oats and continue to mix well.
- Form your loaf and put the remaining sauce on top and sides. Bake about 40 minutes.
- For different tastes, use different sauces and peppers. Your favorite gravy will also give you a great Meatloaf Hawaiian as leftovers. Mahalo.