Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
So I have a new item on my stockpile list: Crushed Pineapple. That way, I can make this any time I want. Because I will be making it often. I'm always trying out new recipes and mix-n-match concepts with the food that I have on hand and what's on sale at the grocery store. We have a very small "regular rotation" of recipes because of this...but this meatloaf is being added to the regular rotation. I'm so glad that I doubled this recipe...I doubled it so that I could make a regular loaf pan of meatloaf, and muffin tin meatloaves as well. Huge. Huge. Huge hit! The leftovers went into the freezer and made for quick and easy lunches. Below you'll find the doubled recipe...cut it all in half if you just wish to make 1 meal's worth. (But I highly recommend making extra to freeze!) (NOTE: I tagged this recipe as Gluten Free...just sub the regular bread crumbs for gluten free bread crumbs.)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drain well (reserve the juice)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
SIDE DISH SUGGESTIONS
- green beans (optional)
- corn (optional)
- French fries (optional)
- mashed potatoes and gravy (optional)
- baked beans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, drained pineapple, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Add half of the mixture to a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, and the other half divided into 12 muffin tins. (Or put the other half into another 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 1/2 cup of the reserved pineapple juice with the ketchup and brown sugar. After 1 hour of cooking, pour the sauce over the top of the meatloaf and mini-loaves and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare preferred side dishes.
- Serve Hawaiina Meatloaf with sides.
- TO FREEZE: Let come to room temperature, slice into meal size slices, and then place into plastic freezer baggies and place flat into the freezer. Reheat in the microwave when you wish to serve again.