1/1 Photo of Hawaiian Meatballs
Trisha W's Note:
I really enjoy the sweet and sour flavor on a variety of foods (pineapple and green pepper just go together well esp. with vinegar and sugar). I have already submitted my sweet and sour pork chops, so here it is for the beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2/3 cup cracker crumb
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (Lawry's recommended)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons shortening
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- 1Combine the first four ingredients, mix well, but lightly.
- 2Shape into meatballs--about 36 (may be frozen at this point and thawed as needed).
- 3Roll meat ball in flour and brown in the shortening.
- 4Place in a casserole dish and cover with the sweet and sour sauce.
- 5SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE.
- 6Drain pineapple (set aside)- reserve juice.
- 7Add water to the juice to make 1 cup liquid.
- 8In a pot over medium heat, blend cornstarch in the juice, then add vinegar, lemon juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce, cook until clear.
- 9Add the pineapple, green pepper, and pimento.
- 10Pour over the meatballs and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.3
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.2 mg
- Sodium 284.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 25.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: