Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from a recipe chat board.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- Mix together and form into balls and dip into a mixture of 1 egg and 1 teaspoon water. Then dip into flour. Saute in vegetable oil until brown and done.
- Drain pineapple and add water to syrup to make 1 cup.
- After removing meat balls from pan, add syrup to drippings, stir in brown sugar mixed with cornstarch, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Heat and stir until thickened. Return meatballs to sauce and then peppers and pineapple, stirring to coat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Keep in crockpot on low to medium and stir often. Serve over rice or with long toothpicks as a fingerfood.
- **NOTE: You could also use premade or frozen meatballs for this recipe.