Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this pasta salad for my son's birthday party. It was a huge hit! Now everytime someone wants be to bring something to a get together, they tell me to make it :) . This recipe is best after its been refigerated for at least 4-6 hours.I hope you enjoy it
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup relish or 1⁄3 cup pickle, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup purple onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 cup havarti cheese, cubed
- 6 cups macaroni
- Cook pasta
- combine remaining 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Let cool in refrigerator for 4-6hours.
- Remove from fridge and give the salad a mix, if you find it too dry add a bit more miracle whip.
- Transfer to presentation bowl! Enjoy!
This is definitely NOT Hawaiian style Mac salad. Just because something has pineapple in it, does not make it Hawaiian. It might be a very good salad, but it's not anything like what we make in Hawaii. And adding chicken to it will not make it any closer to being Hawaiian, just the opposite.
could we add chicken and have it feel like a HAWAIIAN MACARONI SALAD//??? Have you seen it done before .ALYSE