Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
From LCBO's Food and Drink Magazine. These cookies may be stored in an airtight container up to 1 week, if they last that long.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup macadamia nuts or 1 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and both sugars.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add orange rind and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt and beat into creamed mixture.
- Stir in coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto buttered baking sheets, about 2-inches apart. Press down the tops with a fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing from sheet and cool on wire racks.