1/2 Photos of Hawaiian Loco Moco (Hearty Breakfast)
Loco Moco (loh-koo moh-koo) is Hawaii's original homemade fast food and can be found at just about any fast food joint, roadside diner, mom and pop restaurant or lunch wagon in the Islands. There are many different versions of Loco Moco but they have 4 basic ingredients. Rice, a beef patty, sunny-side up egg and gravy. This is for 1 serving so you might want to share - it's a HUGE dish! The cooking time varies depending on if you have to make the rice or gravy from scratch. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
The rest of Loco Moco
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup hot beef gravy, from a mix is fine
- 1 egg, cooked sunny-side up or over easy
- 1Mix ground beef, 1 egg and onion in a bowl. Grill or cook in a frying pan, until cooked through.
- 2Place rice in a bowl. Top with hamburger patty. Place egg on top of patty and pour gravy over everything.
- 3Optional - serve with suggested toppings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Loco Moco (Hearty Breakfast)
Serving Size: 1 (956 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1196.9
- Calories from Fat 449
- Total Fat 49.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 533.2 mg
- Sodium 1602.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 72.8 g