Prep 4 hrs
Cook 50 mins
Lamb chops with a flavor of the islands.
- 4 shoulder lamb chops, 1 inch thick (arm or blade)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve syrup)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place lamb chops in shallow glass dish.
- Stir together reserved pineapple syrup, soy sauce, vinegar, and mustard.
- Pour over chops.
- Cover tightly; refrigerate at least 4 hours, turning chops occasionally.
- Drain chops; reserve marinade.
- Melt shortening in large skillet.
- Brown chops over medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup reserved marinade to chops in skillet.
- Cover tightly; cook over low heat 30-45 minutes or until tender.
- In small saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in remaining reserved marinade.
- Heat to boiling; stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks and heat through.
- Serve chops with pineapple sauce.
Delicious Lamb Chops, i made them just like the recipe said. The chops were very tender The sauce is Very Very good the pineapple really made it so yummy. I served it with a salad and parsnips.
Easy recipe to follow with very good results. I halved the recipe and made the pineapple sauce right in the pan with the chops to save time and make less mess. The chops were very tasty, tender and moist and the sauce is quite good. Served it with rice and cole slaw. Enjoyed this quite a bit, even tho' I am not a big fan of lamb. I would like to try it again, maybe with pork.