Original recipe given to me by Hawaiians. Best for grilling pork or beef ribs and even chicken, just stick to 4-5 pounds. Can be halved for smaller amounts of meat or doubled for feeding a crowd. Better than the old red barbecue sauce!
- 4 -5 lbs pork ribs
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce (I use Aloha or Kikkoman regular or low salt)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey (the secret ingredient!)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (white or brown)
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 -2 green onion, finely sliced
- Blend all ingredients in a large bowl until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Dump over meat placed in a long dish covered tightly with plastic wrap or place into ziplock bag(s).
- Marinate overnight (or for two days).
- Turn meat 3-4 times each day.
- Remove from marinade when ready to cook.
- Discard marinade.
- Grill over low to medium coals or bake in the oven at 325F until cooked through.
- Cooking times will vary based on grill/oven heat and type of meat.