Recipe by Narshmellow
Ohhhh... you have not lived until you've had Kailua Pork with Rice. Succulent, smoky flavor. Heavenly! This was given to me by my friend Andrea when she made it a year or so ago for a group of us and I begged her for the recipe. She grew up in Hawaii with her sisters and this is one recipe that they brought with them. Every ingredient is essential, don't skip them. I'm guessing at the servings but 5 lbs is a lot of meat.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with one layer heavy duty aluminum foil or two sheets regular foil.
- Place half the spinach on the bottom where the roast will sit.
- Rub the roast with the salt (sea salt is the best flavor for your pork).
- Place on spinach bed then pour the whole bottle of liquid smoke over it.
- Layer the rest of the spinach on the top and roll the foil up around the pork to cover it entirely like a package.
- (the spinach should be surrounding it and the foil should make it so none of the juices spill out.) Bake in the oven for 5 hours.
- When done it will fall apart and it is shredded easily with a couple of forks.
- Excellent with sticky rice.
- (short-grain rice).