Recipe by WhoKnew?
The delicious combination of flavors & the grilled pineapple really makes this come together. I have posted the original recipe, which is meatless, but have added chicken with great results (just be sure to marinade separately from veggies and discard chicken marinade). This is great for summer BBQs and camping! Prep time includes bare-minimum marinating time.
Top Review by MichelleinHI
These are incredibly good!!! Followed directions exactly. They marinated about 7 hours before we grilled them. Served with brown rice and baked chicken for my husband. I love it! Thanks so much for the haring the recipe!!!!!
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 large green peppers, cut to 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into quarters
- 12 -16 medium fresh mushrooms
- 16 -18 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- STEP 1: PREPARE MARINADE
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- Place pineapple chunks & veggies in large bowl (or large zipper-sealed plastic bag and set aside.
- In saucepan, combine reserved pineapple juice with soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Pour over vegetable mixture--cover & refrigerate at least 1 hour (but 6 hours is ideal), stirring occasionally.
- STEP 2: KABOB PREP.
- Remove pineapple & vegetables from marinade & reserve marinade.
- Alternate pineapple, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and tomatoes on skewers.
- Grill kabobs for 20 minutes or until soft, turning and basting with marinade often.
- Serve over rice, if desired.