Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This pairs perfectly with the Hawaiian Fried rice with "Ham" (vegetarian!!) I have posted. I also will post a great sweet and sour veggie recipe. This is a awesome meal!!)
Top Review by Ducky
Incredibly easy with a taste to match. So quick to make too. I think it took me longer to prep this than to make it! I can see using this sauce for other things and changing the vegetables too. I used extra garlic because we like a lot of it. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced or grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place small saucepan on medium high heat.
- Combine the garlic, ginger and 3 TB water.
- Cover, and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in soy sauce, honey/brown sugar and onion.
- In a small bowl, blend together cornstarch and water.
- Stir until smooth.
- When smooth, add to pan and cook, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.
- Set this aside.
- In a large skillet with a tight fitting lid, bring 1/2 cup water to boil on high heat.
- Add in the carrots and cauliflower, steam for 2 minutes.
- Add celery and zucchini, cover and steam for 2-3 minutes, until veggies are tender and crisp.
- If necessary, drain vegetables. Pour sauce on top. Toss gently, combining well.