Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
1 Scoop of this salad, 2 scoops of cooked rice, your favorite island style meat, add a little humidity and some authentic Hawaiian music and you just might feel like you are there. I created this salad and thought it tasted like the real deal. Let me know what you think.
- 1 (16 ounce) box spaghetti, ripped into 2-inch lengths cooked
- 4 celery ribs, minced
- 4 russet potatoes, cut into 1/2 chunks then cooked
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, cut both directions with egg slicer
- 1 3⁄4 cups Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- Cook pasta, eggs, potatoes individually and let cool.
- Add all of the above ingredients in very large pot/bowl and toss together.
- Cover and referidgerate overnight to let the flavors meld together.
this is a very addictive potato salad! i have made it a couple of times now, pretty much as written, except for the addition of some lemon pepper. we had an "east coast luau" on the 4th, with this salad to accompany some hawaiian style baby backs. i only make a half recipe, as this makes a huge quantity. would be great for a party!
This was really good. It had a very different texture but a very suprisingly great taste! I felt like I was back home!