Recipe by evelyn/athens
This great marinade and sauce was part of a ribs recipe, but a reviewer wisely pointed out that it was too good to use just on ribs and that I should re-post with a more general title. It is great on chicken, pork, beef, lamb - you name it!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar, plus
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, plus
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fermented black beans
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk all of the ingredients in a large bowl to blend; brush the meat of your choosing with half of the sauce; cover meat and remaining sauce separately and refrigerate overnight.
- Cook meat as per your liking, basting frequently with some of remaining sauce; place the remaining sauce in a heavy, small saucepan and bring to a simmer; serve, passing the remaining sauce separately.