Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Steak, marinated with kiwi, lime and pineapple, grilled, sliced and served over Shiitake-And-Sweet Pepper Fried Rice with a Pineapple-Plum Chutney. This meal is for a large gathering. This was a 3 part recipe, but thought I'd post it as 3 because they all can be made separately. From the Beef site
- 10 kiwi fruits, peeled and pureed
- 354.88 ml fresh lime juice
- 354.88 ml pineapple juice
- 177.44 ml honey
- 85.04 g garlic, minced
- 88.74 ml light soy sauce
- 88.74 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml salt
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 14.79 ml pepper
- 24 bay leaves, crumbled
- 24 (5443.10 g) flat iron steaks, cut 1 inch thick (12 pounds)
- 887.21 ml pineapple-plum chutney (Pineapple-Plum Chutney)
- 11356.32 ml shiitake-and-sweet pepper fried rice (Shiitake-And-Sweet Pepper Fried Rice)
- Combine all ingredients except beef steaks in non-reactive container and mix.
- Add beef; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- Turn steaks once during marination.
- Meanwhile make the Shiitake-And-Sweet Pepper Fried Rice (Recipe # 290685) and Pineapple-Plum Chutney (Recipe # 290686) .
- For each serving:.
- Grill 1 beef steak to medium rare to medium doneness.
- Carve steak into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Heat 2 cups Fried Rice(Recipe # 290685) in saute pan.
- Mound rice in center of plate and arrange beef slices around rice.
- Garnish rice with ¼ cup cilantro.
- Spoon 2 ½ tablespoons Pineapple-Plum Chutney (Recipe # 290686) over beef.
- Garnish beef with 1 teaspoon green onions, ½ teaspoon sesame seed and 2 kiwi slices.