Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 10 kiwi fruits, peeled and pureed
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3 ounces garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 24 bay leaves, crumbled
- 24 (8 ounce) flat iron steaks, cut 1 inch thick (12 pounds)
- 3 3⁄4 cups pineapple-plum chutney (Pineapple-Plum Chutney)
- 48 cups shiitake-and-sweet pepper fried rice (Shiitake-And-Sweet Pepper Fried Rice)
- Combine all ingredients except beef steaks in non-reactive container and mix.
- Add beef; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- Turn steaks once during marination.
- Meanwhile make the Shiitake-And-Sweet Pepper Fried Rice (Recipe # 290685) and Pineapple-Plum Chutney (Recipe # 290686) .
- For each serving:.
- Grill 1 beef steak to medium rare to medium doneness.
- Carve steak into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Heat 2 cups Fried Rice(Recipe # 290685) in saute pan.
- Mound rice in center of plate and arrange beef slices around rice.
- Garnish rice with ¼ cup cilantro.
- Spoon 2 ½ tablespoons Pineapple-Plum Chutney (Recipe # 290686) over beef.
- Garnish beef with 1 teaspoon green onions, ½ teaspoon sesame seed and 2 kiwi slices.