Recipe by Steve P.
A nice tropical variation of the traditional hermit cookie. For another twist on this theme substitute diced dried pineapple for part of the dried dates.
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 78.07 ml packed flaked coconut
- 158.51 ml chopped macadamia nuts
- 158.51 ml chopped dates
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add butter, egg and vanilla.
- Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Press down slightly with the heal of your hand to flatten.
- Bake at 350ºF for 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet; then remove and cool completely on wire racks.