A nice tropical variation of the traditional hermit cookie. For another twist on this theme substitute diced dried pineapple for part of the dried dates.
My Private Note
Dozen C ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- 2Add butter, egg and vanilla.
- 3Mix until thoroughly blended.
- 4Roll dough into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 5Press down slightly with the heal of your hand to flatten.
- 6Bake at 350ºF for 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 7Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet; then remove and cool completely on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Hermit Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.5
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 164.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g