Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
A nice tropical variation of the traditional hermit cookie. For another twist on this theme substitute diced dried pineapple for part of the dried dates.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2⁄3 cup chopped dates
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add butter, egg and vanilla.
- Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Press down slightly with the heal of your hand to flatten.
- Bake at 350ºF for 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet; then remove and cool completely on wire racks.