Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from my Mom who made this when we were visiting and it was so good, and my kids loved it! I've made it myself now several times, and it's such a quick and easy meal to do on a busy night. I like to make my rice using the chicken broth, it helps the rice to have a nice flavor, but you can just use water.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups water
- 2 -3 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 20 ounces canned pineapple
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 6 ounces crisp chow mein noodles
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker or on the stove-top according to the package instructions.
- In a 10-Inch skillet, heat the olive oil and add the chicken. Season with Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Lemon Pepper, and Dried Parsley. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes. Add the chopped vegetables and cook along with the chicken for about 10 minutes and the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the cream soup, milk, half of the can of pineapple and about 1/4 cup of the juice in the canned pineapple. and stir to combine. Cook for about 10 minutes and the mixture is heated and thickened.
- Slice the reserved pineapple in half for garnish.
- To Assemble and serve, scoop some rice into a cereal or soup bowl, add the chicken sauce mixture to the rice, top with the reserved pineapple and the crispy Chow-Mein noodles!