Recipe by Rollin in the Dough!
This is my DH's favorite meal! The ingredients may seem like an odd combination, but when put together it tastes wonderful! A definite staple in our home and one of my favorite recipes. It's easy too!
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup sour cream, depending on your taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked chicken breasts, I boil a chicken breast with one chicken bouillon cube, cool and dice
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups chow mein noodles, dry
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice as directed on package, use regular rice if wanted also.
- In a medium saucepan add cream of chicken soup and sour cream, mix well.
- Add cubed chicken and heat until bubbly, can add a dash of salt and pepper to add extra flavor.
- Portion out rice into four bowls.
- I let my family make there own after this depending on their tastes.
- Scoop chicken mixture over rice, add cheese, chow mein noodles, peas, pineapple, tomato and sprinkle with coconut.
- Mix well and enjoy!
- *Note* If you would like the sauce to go a bit further add a little milk, this recipe is very forgiving adjust amounts to suit you.