Rollin in the Dough!'s Note:
This is my DH's favorite meal! The ingredients may seem like an odd combination, but when put together it tastes wonderful! A definite staple in our home and one of my favorite recipes. It's easy too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2/3-3/4 cup sour cream, depending on your taste
- 1 1/4 cups cooked chicken breasts, I boil a chicken breast with one chicken bouillon cube, cool and dice
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups chow mein noodles, dry
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1Cook rice as directed on package, use regular rice if wanted also.
- 2In a medium saucepan add cream of chicken soup and sour cream, mix well.
- 3Add cubed chicken and heat until bubbly, can add a dash of salt and pepper to add extra flavor.
- 4Portion out rice into four bowls.
- 5I let my family make there own after this depending on their tastes.
- 6Scoop chicken mixture over rice, add cheese, chow mein noodles, peas, pineapple, tomato and sprinkle with coconut.
- 7Mix well and enjoy!
- 8*Note* If you would like the sauce to go a bit further add a little milk, this recipe is very forgiving adjust amounts to suit you.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Haystacks!
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.7
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 84.7 mg
- Sodium 1008.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 31.4 g