Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my DH's favorite meal! The ingredients may seem like an odd combination, but when put together it tastes wonderful! A definite staple in our home and one of my favorite recipes. It's easy too!
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup sour cream, depending on your taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked chicken breasts, I boil a chicken breast with one chicken bouillon cube, cool and dice
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups chow mein noodles, dry
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Cook rice as directed on package, use regular rice if wanted also.
- In a medium saucepan add cream of chicken soup and sour cream, mix well.
- Add cubed chicken and heat until bubbly, can add a dash of salt and pepper to add extra flavor.
- Portion out rice into four bowls.
- I let my family make there own after this depending on their tastes.
- Scoop chicken mixture over rice, add cheese, chow mein noodles, peas, pineapple, tomato and sprinkle with coconut.
- Mix well and enjoy!
- *Note* If you would like the sauce to go a bit further add a little milk, this recipe is very forgiving adjust amounts to suit you.
we do the same thing only we do rice instead of chow mein noodles. It is very good and very odd. We also substitute Veggie Chicken.