Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sweet, cool wrap sandwich is great for the warm weather; for picnics, lunches, quick dinners. Can also be wrapped and cut into thirds for a small appetizer serving for a shower or party. Also kid friendly for a snack or lunch.
- 1 lb deli ham, chipped or sliced
- 1 lb swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 head lettuce, shredded fine
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese, whipped style is softer
- 1 jar pineapple preserves
- 8 honey wheat flour tortillas
- Combine cream cheese and pineapple preserves; spread about 1-2 ounces on each tortilla.
- You can also spread tortilla with cream cheese and gently pour on the preserves.
- Place 2 oz ham and 2 oz cheese on a wrap.
- Top with shredded lettuce and roll to tightness.
- Cut wrap into thirds, if serving as a finger sandwich or as an appetizer.
I had just "plain old" tortillas, and used those. I tasted the pineapple preserves prior to using them, and wasn't a fan. I had some cream cheese with chives and used those. I loved this. Spread on a warm tortillas, the cream cheese and pineapple made a wonderful sauce. I had romaine and chopped that up rather than the lettuce.
I've had this two nites now, and enjoyed it both nites.
I made this for my niece's back-to-school party. They were a hit! I used well-drained crushed pineapple instead of preserves to cut back on the sugar. I also left off the lettuce, or our 4-yr-old wouldn't have touched them. Everyone loved them and I'll use this recipe again.
A big hit at my office party! I happened to have everything for this on hand, except I used Provolone. I actually had to give the recipe out to a few people, that never happened before!