Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the combination of pineapple and ham on a pizza... When I found this recipe that brings them together on a sandwich, I was so excited.... It is really good....This sandwich has the perfect combination of pineapple and ham with the bite of jalapeño peppers....This recipe can easily be cut down to make less than 8....
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 226.79 g package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 226.79 g can crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 16 slice whole wheat bread
- 8 leaf lettuce leaves
- 453.59 g reduced-fat ham, deli reduced fat sliced
- 8 slice low-fat swiss cheese
- Cut 8 rings each from red and green bell peppers; set aside.
- Finely chop remaining bell peppers. Combine chopped bell peppers, chopped jalapeño, cream cheese and pineapple in medium bowl; mix well.
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with 2 tablespoons pineapple spread. Layer 1 bread slice, spread-side up, with 1 slice cheese, 1 lettuce leaf, 1/8 ham, 1 red pepper ring, 1 green pepper ring and 1 bread slice, spread-side down.
This was truly delicious,and really filling!! Instead of sliced bread,I used a chunk of freshly baked baguette. I just loved the contrast of the cool creamy cream cheese with the sweetness of the pineapple and the heat of the jalapeno....absolutely delicious....then with the crunch of pepper and the great flavours of the ham and cheese...awesome..I'm hooked!!
Loved this sandwich! I used fresh pineapple because I had some, and left out the chopped pepper while adding extra jalapeno because i love the sweet/spicy combination. I'll probably toast the bread next time to make a better base for the cream cheese. This sandwich is a new favorite - thanks for sharing!
This is so yummy! Very easy to prepare and full of great flavor. Next time I think I will omit the added chopped peppers. Thought it had just a tad bit too much. This makes a big sandwich. Very filling and looks great plated. Would be a great sandwich to serve to company. Thanks for posting. We really enjoyed it.