I love the combination of pineapple and ham on a pizza... When I found this recipe that brings them together on a sandwich, I was so excited.... It is really good....This sandwich has the perfect combination of pineapple and ham with the bite of jalapeño peppers....This recipe can easily be cut down to make less than 8....
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 16 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 leaves lettuce leaves
- 1 lb reduced-fat ham, deli reduced fat sliced
- 8 slices low-fat swiss cheese
- Cut 8 rings each from red and green bell peppers; set aside.
- Finely chop remaining bell peppers. Combine chopped bell peppers, chopped jalapeño, cream cheese and pineapple in medium bowl; mix well.
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with 2 tablespoons pineapple spread. Layer 1 bread slice, spread-side up, with 1 slice cheese, 1 lettuce leaf, 1/8 ham, 1 red pepper ring, 1 green pepper ring and 1 bread slice, spread-side down.