This has oriental flavoring and a pineapple slice, moist and juicy and the flavors are addictive. Now I use turkey burger. Enjoy!
- 907.18 g ground beef or 907.18 g ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 14.79 ml oil (if you use turkey burger)
- 59.14 ml brown sugar or 59.14 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 7.39 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml pineapple juice
- 2 (680.38 g) can pineapple slices in juice
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- 9.85 ml pineapple juice
- 14.79 ml ketchup
- 8 slice provolone cheese
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 hamburger buns
- 118.29 ml margarine
- Open canned pineapple, drain juice and reserve amounts for recipe.
- In large mixing bowl, add egg, (oil if using turkey burger only) brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, 1 tblsp pineapple juice. Mix well. Set aside.
- For dressing:.
- In small bowl mix mayonnaise, celery seed, pineapple juice, ketchup.Taste. You may add a little more Ketchup by tsp if you prefer. Refrigerate.
- Add ground meat to egg, brown sugar and spice mixture. Mix well. I use my fingers.
- Form into 8 patties.
- Put on the grill and cook about 6 minutes, then flip until done.
- You may grill the pineapple rings on the grill for about 2 minutes.
- Brush margarine on each side of buns.
- Put on the grill the last two or three minutes to toast.
- To Serve: Place one slice cheese on bun, then cooked pattie, add a spoonful of sauce on top, then romaine lettuce leaf, then one pineapple ring, top with other half of bun.
- Serve with Taro chips, Hawaiian potato chips, pastachio nuts, and fresh coconut slices if you have. Dip the coconut slices in a mixture of vanilla and evaporated milk and Splenda before serving.
- Note: I have not used fresh pineapple because there is intense natural acid. Some of the family cannot tolerate. You could substitute fresh pineapple, make sure you use some of the natural juice.
These were great! I wish it had been warm enough to grill these, but we had to use the saute' pan, and they still turned out great. I also sautee'd the pineapple slices in the pan, and they made the burger. LOVED the sauce. Thanks!
Very easy to make and the flavors are incrediable....this is def. a keeper! Use fresh pineapple slices if you can, it really makes the burger!
YUM! I'm not usually a burger person, but these were delicious! I couldn't find my ground ginger, so I skipped it and used teriyaki sauce instead of the soy sauce. Delicious, moist burgers!