1/5 Photos of Hawaiian Grilled Hamburgers
Montana Heart Song's Note:
This has oriental flavoring and a pineapple slice, moist and juicy and the flavors are addictive. Now I use turkey burger. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon oil (if you use turkey burger)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 2 (12 ounce) cans pineapple slices in juice
- 1Open canned pineapple, drain juice and reserve amounts for recipe.
- 2In large mixing bowl, add egg, (oil if using turkey burger only) brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, 1 tblsp pineapple juice. Mix well. Set aside.
- 3For dressing:.
- 4In small bowl mix mayonnaise, celery seed, pineapple juice, ketchup.Taste. You may add a little more Ketchup by tsp if you prefer. Refrigerate.
- 5Add ground meat to egg, brown sugar and spice mixture. Mix well. I use my fingers.
- 6Form into 8 patties.
- 7Put on the grill and cook about 6 minutes, then flip until done.
- 8You may grill the pineapple rings on the grill for about 2 minutes.
- 9Brush margarine on each side of buns.
- 10Put on the grill the last two or three minutes to toast.
- 11To Serve: Place one slice cheese on bun, then cooked pattie, add a spoonful of sauce on top, then romaine lettuce leaf, then one pineapple ring, top with other half of bun.
- 12Serve with Taro chips, Hawaiian potato chips, pastachio nuts, and fresh coconut slices if you have. Dip the coconut slices in a mixture of vanilla and evaporated milk and Splenda before serving.
- 13Note: I have not used fresh pineapple because there is intense natural acid. Some of the family cannot tolerate. You could substitute fresh pineapple, make sure you use some of the natural juice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Grilled Hamburgers
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.2
- Calories from Fat 450
- Total Fat 50.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 127.3 mg
- Sodium 966.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 34.4 g