Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 13 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a great way to use up leftover grilled chicken! I got it from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine.
- 4 grilled boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup Catalina dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sliced cucumber (optional - the original recipe called for them, but I don't like cukes)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Place the chicken in a microwave-safe dish.
- Combine salad dressing, lemon-pepper, and garlic powder; pour over chicken.
- Cover and microwave on Medium (50% power) for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard, garlic, tarragon, and rosemary; shake well.
- On four plates, arrange the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers (if desired), and onions.
- Top with chicken and drizzle with dressing.
- You can also vary the salad by adding mandarin oranges or pineapple chunks.
- If you don't have honey mustard, you can substitute 2 Tbsp dijon mustard and 2 Tbsp honey.
- Note: This was made in an 850-watt microwave.
- Adjust time as necessary for your own!
Kree, I thought this was a wonderful salad. I added the chunks of pineapple, which added a nice taste to it. Thanks for this one.