Chef #379453's Note:
This recipe came from Grocery Budget 101 - and the taste was so good I wanted to make sure and keep the recipe where I can find it again! The recipe called for alternating pineapple chunks(canned) and chicken on skewers that had been soaked in water - I have a cast iron grill pan and cooked the pineapple (canned) and marinated chicken on it - screaming hot ! and while it cooked I made up the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunk (Pineapple chunks,drained, fresh cut into chunks )
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or Sherry )
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1In baggie mix marinade - add chicken pieces to baggie and rotate until all the pieces of chicken are coated. I put the chicken in the refrigerator while I cooked up some rice, You can marinate for up to 2 hours.
- 2Preheat grill pan - until screaming hot, - spraying with cooking spray before adding chicken chunks from the marinate and placing the pineapple chunks around the chicken until all have been added to the grill. When chicken releases from grill, no cheating, turn and grill the chicken and the pineapple on the other side.
- 3Take the marinade left in the baggie and add it to a small saucepan and heat until boiling. Mix cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. When marinade is boiling, slowly add the cornstarch mixture and return to a boil and stir until thickened.
- 4Take the chicken and the pineapple from the grill and add to the thickened sauce and stir well until all is well coated.
- 5To serve place rice on platter and top with the chicken and pineapple.
- 6NOTE: I thought that adding some green bell pepper and some onions to this would make it even better -- maybe next time !
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Cooked My Way
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.2
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 637.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 25.1 g