Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
Posting for ZWT 7 Recipe found in More Fun and Flavour with Spices by the Canadian Spice Association
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain syrup from pineabble and combine it with vinegar, water, sugar, cornstarch, ginger and salt.
- 2Cook onion in butter in a saucepan until it is limp (about 3 minutes).
- 3Add syrup mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and clear.
- 4Add beets and remove from heat.
- 5Just before serving, add pineapple and reheat.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Ginger Beets
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 332.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g