Recipe by newspapergal
This is really flavorful; I have served with pineapple chunks, sliced apples & grapes. I make this with skim milk & low-fat sour cream. I added the food coloring in response to a previous reviewer saying it looked like just vanilla pudding. This is a RecipeZaar account adoptee, from Feb. 2005.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk, cold
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple in juice, crushed, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup coconut, shredded
- to taste strawberry (or any fresh fruit)
- to taste melon, balls or chunks (or any fresh fruit)
- to taste kiwi, slices (or any fresh fruit)
- to taste orange, sections (or any fresh fruit)
- to taste peach, slices (or any fresh fruit)
- to taste papayas (or any fresh fruit) or to taste mango, slices (or any fresh fruit)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk until it's well blended and has pudding-like texture (about 2 minutes).
- Whisk in sour cream.
- Stir in pineapple and coconut. Stir in food coloring, if desired. Cover, refrigerate until chilled at least 1 hour.
- Serve with fresh fruit dippers.